What type of insurance do you need for a food truck?

The food truck industry has become very popular. As with any vehicle, you must have the proper insurance. Because you are handling food, the requirements for insuring a food truck differs from a standard auto insurance policy. To insure a food truck, at a minimum, you must have commercial vehicle insurance which includes a liability insurance policy that will cover any claims or injury from patrons. This policy also should include a worker’s compensation addendum to cover any injuries for workers.

In a nutshell, a proper food truck insurance policy should cover:

  • Commercial automobile liability
  • Physical damage
  • General liability
  • Business property
  • Equipment breakdown
  • Workers compensation

If  you don’t have these specific items in your policy, it’s time to find an insurer that knows the intricacies of handling insurance for food trucks. For more detailed information and guidance on keeping your food truck properly insured, contact Humble & Davenport Insurance.

Comments are closed.