Thanksgiving is right around the corner, which means it is the perfect time to make sure that you have all the ingredients for your delicious Thanksgiving dinner. While celebrating the holiday with all of your loved ones, remember to stay safe. Keep these Thanksgiving safety tips in mind to ensure that everyone has a fun and safe fall holiday.
- Always stay in the kitchen while you are cooking on the stovetop so that you can keep an eye on the food and prevent any dangerous fires.
- While you are cooking the turkey in the oven, make sure to stay home. If you are using a deep fryer to cook your turkey, make sure to read the owner’s manual and follow all of the safety directions.
- Keep the children out of the kitchen while you are cooking. They can easily be injured from a spill or the steam of food.
- Clear everything that is not necessary out of your kitchen to ensure that you have enough room to prepare and cook all of your dishes.
- Do not let electrical cords from the coffee maker, electric knife, mixer, or plate warmer hang off the counter to prevent injury from pulling or tripping on the cord.
- Make sure all the fire alarms in your house are working properly. Replace any alarms that are out dated or are malfunctioning.
- Have a fire extinguisher that is designed to put out grease fires nearby to put out any accidental fires.
Humble & Davenport in Renton, Washington would like to wish you and your family a fun and safe Thanksgiving!