Is Your Student’s Personal Property Covered at College?

getty-full-getty-3698-94740094-jpg (2)If you have a student heading off to college, you are likely working your way through a long list of things to get taken care of. One of those things should be to make sure you have renters insurance coverage for your students personal property.

You see, many are under the perception that a landlord will have insurance that will protect them. That that is not the case. A landlord will have insurance to protect his property and his interests, but not those of his renters. That is what renters insurance is for. Renters insurance will cover the personal property of the student in case of theft or loss from some other event like a fire. This amount can really add up with you consider clothing, textbooks and expensive electronics and entertainment systems.

The good news is that renters insurance is relatively inexpensive. It can even be cheaper when combined with their car insurance. If you would like to know more about this discount contact us. At Humble & Davenport Insurance, we help college kids save while making sure they have the coverage they need. Humble & Davenport proudly serves the insurance needs of the Renton, Washington area.

Comments are closed.