Insurance for RV’s and Toy Haulers: What You Need to Know

getty-medium-getty-3698-135328426-jpgRVs, or motor homes, are recreational vehicles that provide a comfortable living space suitable for long- or short-term residence. To qualify for most type of RV insurance, a vehicle must have all of the following permanently installed–cooking appliances, refrigeration, bathroom facilities, heating or air-conditioning, a drinkable water supply and a 110–125 volt electrical power system.

If you finance your RV or toy hauler, the company it is from will require comprehensive and collision coverage. Auto insurance may cover the liability. What you carry in the toy hauler is not covered by the hauler’s insurance and has to be insured separately.

Personal auto coverage will not cover an RV or toy hauler used for business. You must get a commercial insurance policy.

Your auto insurance may cover a toy hauler. Homeowner’s insurance does not cover toy haulers, RV’s or trailers for theft, damage or accidents.

For more details about RV and toy haulers coverage in Washington, contact Humble & Davenport Insurance.

Comments are closed.