Insurance for Back to School

Sending your child back to school, no matter if they are starting elementary school or finishing college, can be a stressful yet exciting time as a parent. Having the right insurance policies to protect your child when they go back to school can help ensure that your child is protected in any situation. Keep these insurance policies in mind when it is time to go back to school.

  • Auto insurance. If you have a teen driver in the family, you may have already seen a drastic increase in your auto insurance premiums. Luckily, there are many discounts that you may qualify for to help you save some money. If your child has at least a 3.0 GPA, which is a “B” average, you can qualify for a good student discount. You can also save money if your child goes to school more than 100 miles away, since they are less likely to come home and use the family car on the weekends.
  • Renter’s insurance. If your child is moving into an off campus house or apartment at college, make sure that you invest in a renter’s insurance policy. Since the landlord’s policy only protects the building and not what is in the home, a renter’s insurance policy is the only way to ensure that your child’s belongings are protected in an unfortunate event.
  • Homeowners insurance. Your existing homeowners insurance policy will probably provide the protection needed for your child if they are moving into an on campus dorm. Homeowners policies provide a certain amount of liability coverage for belongings that are kept at a separate residence, such as a dorm. Make sure to ask your insurance agent if you have the right amount of coverage or if you should increase your liability.

For all of your insurance needs throughout Washington when your children go back to school, contact the insurance professionals at Humble & Davenport Insurance in Renton, Washington.

Comments are closed.