Protecting Your Two-Wheeled Vehicle

Bike Insurance 101

As the temperatures continue to increase for summer, it is the perfect time to ditch your car and hop on your bike to get to wherever you need to go. No matter if you have a bicycle, Vespa, or motorcycle, bikes allow you to fully enjoy the road. Before you head out, it is important to make sure that you have the right amount of insurance coverage.

If you have a bicycle, your coverage will come from the personal property portion of your homeowner’s insurance policy. If your bike is damaged or stolen, you will still have to pay your deductible before your coverage will kick in, so make sure that the claim is worth more than your deductible. If you have a very expensive bike, such as a specialty downhill bike, you may want to schedule it within our home insurance policy to ensure that it is properly covered.

When looking to insure your Vespa, your insurance coverage can get a little confusing. Your coverage will depend on many different factors, including how much you use it, if you need to register it, and the top speed. Since they may not meet the requirement of motorcycle insurance, but still need to be covered, make sure to work closely with your insurance agent to ensure that you have the right amount of coverage while on the road.

When it comes to your motorcycle, no matter if it is a street bike or a street legal dirt bike, you will need to invest in specific motorcycle insurance. Motorcycle insurance comes with many coverage options, such as collision, liability, and comprehensive, so make sure that you choose the coverage options that will best fit with your needs.

For all of your insurance coverage needs when looking to protect your two-wheeler, contact the insurance professionals at Humble & Davenport Insurance in Renton, Washington.

Comments are closed.