Safeguard Your Property From Thieves
There are many ways that homeowners can protect their properties. Locking doors and windows, removing the spare key from outside, and installing burglar alarms are some of the more basic (and essential) practices. In this digital era, technology makers have found new and inventive ways to keep our homes safe from intruders. Now, more than ever, is the time to consider adding some home security technology to your property to keep it safe. Doing so will ward off burglars and may even earn you a discount on your homeowners insurance in Renton, WA. Read on for a few to consider.
- Smart cameras – Placement of cameras all over the house can be viewed from most devices. They usually connect to smartphones via apps, allowing you to keep tabs on your home remotely.
- Sensors – This includes a variety of types of motion detection technology. You can opt for classic infrared light detection.
- Floodlights – Motion-activated floodlights are ideal for catching a potential thief in their tracks. These lights help to keep burglars at bay and allow for easier identification if caught in the act.
- Keyless systems – A keyless system allows you to remotely control your home’s front door. Instead of leaving a key outside for a service person, you can give them a code that allows temporary access. In general, a hybrid system that includes both a key and a code is advisable.
- Home automation – Automation helps you to make it look like someone is home even when they aren’t. For example, you can set the lights, TV or even dishwasher to run while you are gone. Any amount of feeling that someone is home should scare off most intruders.
These are just some of the latest devices you can use to keep thieves at bay. Home insurance is incredibly important to protect your property. When you need to find coverage to suit your budget, talk to the professionals at Humble & Davenport Insurance today.